A local court in Islamabad has delivered a key judgment in the murder case of social media influencer Sana Yousaf, a case that attracted widespread public attention across Pakistan.
Court Announces Verdict and Sentences
An Islamabad court has sentenced the main accused, Umar Hayat, to death in the murder case of social media personality Sana Yousaf. The judgment was announced by Additional Sessions Judge Afzal Majoka after previously reserving the decision.
Along with the death sentence, the court imposed a fine of Rs2 million on the convict. In addition, Umar Hayat was awarded separate punishments in related charges connected to the case.
The court sentenced him to 10 years in prison in a robbery case and another 10 years for trespassing. Additional fines totaling Rs2.4 million were also imposed under those charges.
The verdict comes after nearly eleven months of legal proceedings and hearings, making it one of the country’s most closely followed criminal cases.
Who Was Sana Yousaf?
Sana Yousaf was a young Pakistani social media influencer who gained popularity through short videos, beauty-related content, lifestyle posts and brand promotions.
Reports indicate that she had more than one million followers across various social media platforms, including over 800,000 followers on TikTok alone.
She was tragically killed at her Islamabad residence on June 2, 2025, only a week after celebrating her 17th birthday. Her death generated widespread discussion on social media and raised broader concerns regarding online personalities and public safety.
TikToker Sana Yusuf Murder Trial Postponed Without Progress
Evidence Presented During Trial
During court proceedings, prosecutors stated that they presented testimony from 27 witnesses along with medical reports and documentary evidence.
The prosecution also submitted call records, chat screenshots, mobile phone data and digital evidence that allegedly linked the accused to the crime.
According to investigators, the victim’s mobile phone played a key role in tracing the suspect. Medical findings reportedly showed that gunshot injuries severely damaged Sana Yousaf’s heart and lungs, resulting in her death.
Investigators further told the court that the accused allegedly attempted to destroy evidence, but digital and technical investigations helped authorities continue the case.
Accused Rejected Allegations
During the hearings, Umar Hayat denied all accusations and withdrew his earlier confession.
He claimed that he had no connection to the incident and stated that he was in Faisalabad at the time of the murder. He also argued that his confession had been obtained under pressure and questioned the investigation process and identification procedures.
However, after reviewing witness testimony and available evidence, the court delivered its final decision.
Family Calls Verdict “Justice Delivered”
Speaking to reporters after the hearing, Sana Yousaf’s father said the family had been waiting for this moment for nearly a year.
He described the judgment as an important message for society, saying it was not only a decision for one family but a reminder that serious crimes carry legal consequences.
Sana Yousaf’s mother also appreciated the efforts of the legal team and said she was satisfied with the outcome of the case.
The judgment marks a significant development in a case that remained in the public spotlight and sparked discussions about justice, safety and accountability.



